​​​Moving Oversize/Overweight Permits

Setting Up a New Account

E-mail a company letterhead to the KDOT Permit Department at KDOTPermits@co.kane.il.us or fax to 630-584-5239. The letterhead must show your company name, mailing address, phone number, contact person, owners name and E-mail address. Indicate that you are requesting to set-up a new account for oversize/overweight permits.

Call in to 630-584-1171, have your company name, mailing address, phone number, fax number, & the name of a contact person ready.

Billing is around the 10th of each month. All accounts are to be paid within 30 days.

Any accounts past due 60 days will be frozen until paid in full.

The County does not accept cash.

Non-Standard moves may require engineering analysis for crossing structures; these costs will be added to the moving permit charges.

Applying for a Moving Permit

The live pdf format for both types of moving permits can be filled in from this Web Site. The form is email ready or can be printed and faxed. Permit forms should be filled out entirely. A copy of the issued permit and provisions page should be kept with the driver. The permit number and expiration date on the form will be filled out by the permit reviewer and returned to the applicant after it is issued.

Online Applications

Moving Oversize-Overweight Permit Application 15 days
Moving Permit Application Over Dimension 90 Day