​Frequently Asked Questions

Where do I get a Driver's License?
Contact the Secretary of State’s office toll free at 1-800-252-8980 or visit their website at www.sos.state.il.us.

Where do I get my Emissions Checked?
Emmision checks are regulated by the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency. Pease contact them at 1-800-252-8980 or visit their website at www.epa.state.il.us/air/vim.

How do I get an I-Pass?
The Illinois State Toll Highway Authority manages the IPASS program. Please call 1-800-UCI-PASS or visit their web site at I-PASS.

What are the driving conditions on the Tollway?
Kane County does not monitor the condition of the Tollway. Please contact the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority at 630-241-6800 or visit their website at www.illinoistollway.com.

Do you have information on the Pace bus Routes?
Please call Pace at 847-364-PACE or visit their website at www.pacebus.com.

What are the conditions of Kane County Roads?
Please call our main number at 630-584-1170 for detailsor visit the "Traffic Advisories" page for details.

What is the phone number for the train station in Geneva?
The Geneva Commuter Train Station can be reached at 630-232-0852. More detail regarding Metra train service is available by calling their main number at 312-322–6777 during the weekday and 312-836-7000 in the evenings and weekends. You can also visit their website www.metrarail.com.

I am disabled / handicapped; can I get a ride somewhere?
PACE supplies transportation for qualified persons via the ADA Paratransit. Please call 847-364-PACE for details or visit their website at www.pacebus.com. Qualified, registered applicants may also access transportation via the Ride in Kane program.

How do I get to the Kane County Department of Transportation?
The Division's offices and garage are located at the intersection of Burlington Road and Empire Road in the Village of Campton Hills, formerly unincorporated St. Charles. Office hours are 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.

How do I get parcel maps and Color aerials for the County?
Kane County mapping data is sold through The Sidwell Company.  The Sidwell Company may be reached at 630-549-1000 or visiting their web page at www.sidwellco.com.

How do I get a bike map?
Annually, the Kane/Kendall Council of Mayors produces a Bicycle Map for Kane and Northern Kendall Counties. The Map is available on-line at www.co.kane.il.us/dot/com/BikePed. You can also contact Mike Sullivan, the Kane County Bicycle/Pedestrian Coordinator, to request a hard-copy.

How do I get a Senior Ride Free card?
The Regional Transportation Authority administers the Senior Ride Free program for northeastern Illinois. To register for a card, contact the RTA at www.rtachicago.com​.