Contact E-Mail Address
Contact Name
Contact Picture
Rollup Image
Target Audiences No targeting
Hide physical URLs from search
Page Image
Page Content

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Moving Oversize/Overweight Permits

Setting Up a New Account

Starting January 1, 2021, the Kane County Division of Transportation (KDOT) is a subscriber of Oxcart Permit Systems for oversize/overweight (OS/OW) moving permits.  To apply for an OS/OW permit, you must first sign up for an Oxcart account at  If you need assistance with the application process, please contact Oxcart directly at

Applying for a Moving Permit

Once an OS/OW permit application is submitted via Oxcart, KDOT will review the application (via Oxcart).  When approved, the permit can be downloaded from Oxcart.  A copy of the issued permit and provisions page should be kept with the driver.​​​  For more information on KDOT's OS/OW review policies, see Oversize-Overweight Moving Permits Notes.pdf.  Please note that permits will not be issued on weekends or on County Holidays (see schedule below).​

Moving Permit Bridge Map

View the online map here​.

Summary Links
Article Date
Image Caption
Browser Title
Meta Description
Meta Keywords
Hide from Internet Search Engines
Content Type: Article Page